Friday, June 16, 2006

I, Robot

I decided to put I, Robot, in my queue after learning Alan Tudyk did the voice of Sonny. Yes, even after my initial, vitriolic attitude towards the movie. I gave it a chance purely because of Alan Tudyk.

I'm less disappointed than I thought I'd be. It's clearly a Hollywood movie, with tons of CGI, Will Smith, and crazy, wacky, camera shots that made me sick. Seriously, spinning the camera up, down, and around like we're on a roller coaster or some sort of g-force machine? Christ.

But it wasn't bad. It wasn't that good, but it was a fun time. As I said before, the film wasn't an adaptation of any of the stories in the book, but rather, "suggested" by what Isaac Asimov wrote. Would the movie have been better had it been an adaptation? Perhaps. Or perhaps it would have been a huge, steaming pile of shit. As it is, I, Robot is neither good or bad, but just ok.

No comments: