Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tales from the cubicle

Here we have a very rare work-related post. I rarely talk about work for a couple of reasons (I hate bitching about my job, because everyone does, and since I work in the healthcare industry, all of the specifics of my job are confidential), but I have to talk about this.

I'm a habitual lurker over at SDN, and there was a thread about trying to cancel AOL. Yes, AOL sucks. Yes, it's very difficult to cancel your account, I know. Yes, the reps at AOL are difficult to deal with (especially if you're trying to cancel). It doesn't make them any less of a person, so the things that people were saying they would do and have done, jesus.

First off, I don't have an employee number. So asking for that doesn't do anything. Second, if you ask for my supervisor, that pisses me off. Here's the thing: my supervisor has the same information I do. You don't like my answers? Fine. But you're not going to like my supervisors answers, either. You want to file a complaint? Ok, but chances are the call was recorded. If you have a legitimate complaint, we'll know. But if you're complaining about policy, too fucking bad. It's not our fault you're a dumbass you doesn't want to follow the rules everyone else does.

What should the customer do if he's not getting his way? Should he start yelling at the rep? No. Should he start swearing at the rep? No. Should he threaten the rep and/or the company with legal action? No. I just work here, fuckstick. Yelling and swearing at me just pisses me off. Threatening legal action? For what? You're going to sue us because you were too stupid to pay your premium on time and your account got cancelled? Or because you have a huge bill for service from an outside provider because you didn't read the fucking agreement that said you have to come to our doctors? You're too fucking stupid to do what 6 million other members in the state do, so you'd like to sue. Fantastic. Fuck you.

No comments: