Friday, June 16, 2006

Names are for friends, so I don't need one

I finished the storyline in Hitman: Blood Money a couple of nights ago. I'm not quite done with the game; there's a few more achievements I want to do. After that, it can go back to the video store.

Not that it's a bad game, in fact, it's quite awesome. It's just short, and by the time I get those achievements done, the replay value will have been all used up. And there's the biggest problem with charging 60 bucks for a new game. Very few are worth it, because even the awesome ones like Hitman are only worth a rental. If I see it later on for 20 bucks, I'll pick it up, but there's no way it's worth 60.

I don't think $60 games will become the norm, anyway. PC games are still 50, and a lot of the X360 games are PC ports. If Microsoft doesn't lower the price of the console this holiday season (and given the huge delta between the X360 and the PS3, there's really no reason to), I think they'll at least cut the prices of the games back down to $50. Here's hoping.

No comments: