Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More Movies? Surely you jest!

Ah-ha, but I am completely serious! It's time for another round of quick-shot movie reviews.

Date Movie, unrated edition, starring Alyson Hannigan and some guy. Why, oh why, did I rent this? Oh yeah, because it had Alyson Hannigan in it. She was the best thing about the movie, and I was sorely tempted to turn it off after 15 minutes. I stuck with it, but what a stinker. Two thumbs down, bitch!

War of the Worlds (2005 edition), rated PG-13, starring Tom Cruise. Enjoyable. I'd still like to see the 1953 version, though, because I have a sneaking suspicion that one's better.

Back to the Future Trilogy, rated PG, starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Think, McFly! This is an awesome set of flicks that I've seen countless times. I had a lot of trouble following the timelines when I watched them as a kid, but now I can enjoy the story to its fullest, and also catch the pop culture references. Come on, Marty dressing like the man with no name in A Fistful of Dollars in BttF3? Great stuff.

No comments: