Monday, July 26, 2004

Fucking Post Office

Those goddamn incompetent bastards. Is Lance Armstrong the only one of them that's worth a damn? Do they think just because he's doing so well, they can fuck up right and left and be covered? Sons of bitches.

I'm subscribed to Gamefly. It's a great service, think Netflix but for console games. I've been a subscriber for about 7 months (not consecutively, but only because school intervened). In that time, I have never recieved a game more than 3 days after it was shipped, and they have never recieved a game more than 3 days after I dropped it in the mail.

Until 3 weeks ago. I rented Spider-Man 2, which arrived at my house on a Saturday. I finished it that weekend, and dropped it in the mail on Monday. I figured they would get it on Wednesday, and ship out another game. Wednesday came and went, and it still showed that it was out. Thursday, same thing. By the end of Friday, I was worried. I checked the website to see what I could do, and they said to wait 7 days after mailing a game to report it lost. On the next Monday, I did just that. They were real nice about it, said they'd look into it, and shipped my next game.

Fast forward a week and a half. I get Rainbow Six 3. After I'm finished with it, I drop it in the mail. That was last Wednesday. It's Monday night and it still shows as out. *deep sigh* I'm probably going to have to report this one lost, too.

Here's the thing that makes me see red: there's a bit on their website that says any account that has too many lost games is subject to investigation and/or termination. Now, I understand why this blurb is there. I'm sure there are fucksticks out there that rent games that they like, and then decide they'll report them lost instead of returning them or paying for them. But I would never do something like that, and more importantly, haven't done that with these two games.

However, there is a very real possibility that if this happens again, my account will be terminated, and I may never be able to join again. Why? Not because I'm a thief, but because the post office is filled with fucking morons (or thieves, possibly) who wouldn't know their asses from a hole in the ground. Because of their incompetence (and nothing else), I may have to go back to renting games from Assbuster and Shittywood Video. And that makes me so angry that I want to kill someone. Thankfully, I don't have a firearm handy.

EDIT (10/10/2005): Apparently, 7 games lost is the magic number for Gamefly. It doesn't matter how long you've been a member, how many games you've rented and successfully returned, and how many games you've purchased from them, if you rent 7 games and don't return them, they cancel your membership. And they don't let you rejoin unless a) one or more of the games are returned (which would be easy if I had stolen them, but since I didn't, I'm screwed), or b) you pay for the lost games (which again, would be easy if I had stolen them, but I'm not about to pay for something that some shitlicker at the post office stole). So, as much as I love Gamefly, and would give anything to be a member, I'm not. All because of the post office.

No comments: