Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Splinter Cell

Finally finished Splinter Cell tonight. I had been sitting on the next to last mission for almost a week, and I got the urge to play again today. So that's one down, two to go. It seems I've got plenty of time before Double Agent comes out, and even then, I might wait a while. I'm not that excited about paying $60 bucks for any game.

Anyway, my thoughts on Splinter Cell, as a whole. Awesome. Great character, tight gameplay, interesting levels and objectives, engaging story (kind of hard to believe it came out in 2002, and involved a terrorist plot against the US. In the post 9/11 world, I'm amazed it wasn't boycotted), and relatively open-ended gameplay. Depending on your individual style, there were often many different ways to progress through a level. You could turn the place into a morgue (like I did), be a complete ghost, or anywhere in between.

I can't wait to get started on Pandora Tomorrow.

No comments: