Saturday, May 20, 2006

Quickie Movie Reviews

I had absolutely nothing better to do today, so I watched a bunch of movies I had never seen. So here we go with some one paragraph or less movie reviews!

Wedding Crashers, unrated edition, starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. Basically a romantic comedy for guys. Still not that great, though. Funny, but ultimately forgettable.

Scarface, rated R, starring Al Pacino. A classic that is actually deserving of the praise it gets, unlike, say, Easy Rider or Bullitt.

Cruel Intentions, rated R, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillippe. While it would have been much better had any of the female leads shown their tits, not a bad flick overall.

The Aristocrats, unrated, staring a shitload of comics. I'd actually seen the first 30 minutes of this previously, but I finished it up today. Funny stuff, although I must say Tim Conway's bit at the end made me laugh the hardest.

Deliverance, rated R, starring Burt Reynolds and Jon Voight. Wow. This movie would cause a stir if released today, I can't imagine the kind of reaction it caused back in 1972. Plus, if this movie didn't earn some Oscar nods for acting, it should have.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, unrated edition, starring some dudes I've never heard of. Funny, yet forgettable. Although Neil Patrick Harris doing a cameo as himself was fucking awesome.

No comments: