Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fargo

Here we go with another movie review. This time, it's a "classic" from the Coen Bros. Fargo won some Academy Awards, and I think that's evidence that most of the Academy Awards that were handed out in the 90s went to films that weren't very good.

Before you say, "You didn't get it" or "You didn't understand the plot" let me stop you. I did get it, and I did understand the plot, I just didn't think it was that good. I enjoyed Steve Buschemi (because I think it's hard not to enjoy a Steve Buschemi performance), but other than that, I was kind of bored. I watch films to be entertained. I don't watch films to analyze them. If you and the rest of your "Film Studies 101" class like Fargo because you can discuss the way it deals with human nature, greed, and shows that sometimes the simple things in life are best, that's fine. But don't tell me that it's a good movie. The Big Lebowski was a good movie. Fargo, not so much.

No comments: