Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Update

I've put in more time on the new games I got last week, plus some other stuff.

GH 80s was really fun (not that challenging, but still fun) until I got to the first song in the fourth set, "What I Like About You." I got booed off the stage a third of the way through the song. I backed out, breezed through the other three available songs in the set, came back to What I Like About You, and got booed off the stage again. I haven't picked it back up since, because it was at that point I stopped having fun. I'll give it another whirl sometime in the future.

Beyond the Sword continues to be awesome. I finished the Next War game with a space race victory, but not before I stomped all over the AI with mechs and dreadnoughts. I then started a game with the Gods of Old mod, which replaces the vanilla religions with ancient Mesopotamian gods that let their followers bring down meteor strikes, tsunamis, and tornadoes and shit. I don't know how many times I've nuked the fuck out of the enemy's capital city with meteors. Fun stuff.

I'm almost finished with the second book of The Dresden Files. I would have read it a long time ago if the library wasn't starved for copies. I haven't seen much of the TV show based on the books (just the pilot, which I don't remember all that well), but I bet they really had to tone it down. The books are filled with graphic, bloody violence, tons of swearing, and all manner of sex and nudity. In addition to those reasons, the books are fantastic. Main characters die, and Dresden himself gets the holy shit kicked and beaten out of him until he's on the brink of death.

I was so busy having fun this weekend, I didn't get a chance to do a new comic for the Tensided site. Whoops. Why do something today when you can do it tomorrow?

No comments: