Friday, July 13, 2007

It's Friday Night, It's Time to Rock

I've been working on an E3 postmortem post, that's really bumming me out. E3 sucked. Virtually no new info, or bad info. What the hell is wrong with Sony? They do everything wrong with the PS3, then they cut the price, come into E3 riding high (or at least riding above sea level), put together a pretty damn good press conference, and then blow everything all to hell by saying that the price cut isn't a price cut, but a fire sale, because we want you to buy our newer, more shitty version for the same old $600 price tag. Jesus Christ.

So fuck video games for now. I don't want to talk about video games.

I saw Transformers last weekend. I tried to see a 6:30 showing, failed because it was sold out, bought tickets for a 9:50 showing (on a Sunday night), came back a full half hour early, and still had to sit in the third row. I have never experienced anything like that before at the movie theatre. Late Sunday night? After the movie's been out a whole week? No. Just doesn't happen. The movie itself was enjoyable, pure popcorn entertainment. Giant robots, fast cars, and shit blowing up. Can't beat that.

There's a new show on USA that's awesome. It's called Burn Notice, it's about an ex-spy, and it's got Bruce Campbell in it. I'm enjoying it.

I reached a milestone earlier this week: I paid off my student loan. Woo-fucking-hoo! I wanted to get that paid off first because it was pretty high interest (around 5%). Now it's just low-interest (like 2% cause I consolidated and I've got stellar credit) credit card debt left, and there's not a whole lot of that. Of course, since I bought a TV and entertainment system I won't be completely out of debt by the end of August like I'd originally planned, but that's ok. By my calculations, I'll be done after my first paycheck in October. That's still pretty damned close. Once I'm out of debt, I think I'll just cut up my credit cards. I'll keep the two big lines open (because I can), close the others, and never buy anything with credit again (excepting monthly recurring charges). It's gonna be fricking sweet.

Finally, I'm really starting to jones for the football season. I wish it would start already. Arena Football sucks, and what everyone else in the world calls football isn't full contact. Only 3 weeks til the Hall of Fame Game. The longest 3 weeks ever...

No comments: