Monday, July 23, 2007

It's a Media Overload

And it shows no signs of stopping.

I saw the new Harry Potter flick. It was pretty damn good. Apparently, some people take issue that it wasn't very faithful to the book, but I could give less of a shit because 1) I'm not a nutjob fanboy, 2) I don't rightly remember all the shit that happened in book 5, and 3) it was a long ass fucking book and only a 2 hour and 20 minute film, so you're damn right they're not going to cram every little thing that happened in the book into the movie. Movies aren't books, and books aren't movies. Plus, I'll be damned if the Harry Potter films become some awful monstrosities like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Fuck that. On a related note, Emma Watson is hot. Yes, I'm aware she's 17, but so what? If there's grass on the field...

I also read the new (or should I say final) Harry Potter book over the weekend. Got it Saturday around noon, finished it around 4 pm on Sunday. Didn't stay up all night reading, I'm not a nutjob fanboy, remember? That was pretty damn good, too. It was a little of what I expected, a little of what I didn't, and a whole lot of awesome. I'm not going to spoil anything here, so I'll just say you should go read it. If, for some reason, you've avoided the Harry Potter books up to this point, you should read them, too.

Burn Notice continues to be enjoyable. The new fall TV season starts mid September, so in the meantime, I've been catching up on a couple of shows on DVD that I've been meaning to get into, like Psych and Everybody Hates Chris. I've fallen behind on The Dead Zone, too, so I'm getting reacquainted. Also, I acquired a screener copy of the pilot episode of Reaper, which is awesome. Should be a great show, but it in no way makes up for The CW canceling Veronica Mars.

Guitar Hero 80s edition should arrive tomorrow, with Civ 4 Gold and the Beyond the Sword expansion arriving either Wednesday or Thursday. Goodbye, free time, I knew thee well.

No comments: