Friday, May 11, 2007

Halfway There

I just spent over half an hour on the phone with Xbox Customer Support. The first guy I talked to, Billy, was real helpful. He canceled my Live account for me. He also kept checking back while he had me on hold, so that was nice. He seemed like a typical gamer guy, or at least, that was his phone persona. No complaints about him or his service.

Since Billy only handled Live accounts, he transfered me to James in Hardware for info on my missing refund check. James wasn't a dick, but he wasn't that great, either. He put me on hold as soon as I started talking to him. He checked back a few times since he was speaking with a supervisor to ask me some questions. As in, did I receive a refund check (of course not, why would I be calling if I had?), and if I had moved since I paid for the repair (that question does make sense, as if I had moved, I wouldn't have thought to make sure Microsoft got my forwarding address). I answered no to both questions, and James eventually transferred me to the supervisor, Alec.

Alec was kind of a douche. For a supervisor, he used the terms "cool," "awesome," and "right on" way too much. I get it, you're supposed to be into games, but you're a goddamn supervisor who's talking with a customer. Be professional, dick. He also didn't do anything for me. I guess sending out a refund check was too hard for him or something, as he told me I'd receive a call back from Xbox Customer Support next Wednesday night "to get things squared away." I didn't want to talk to Alec anymore at that point, so I agreed. If the rep that calls on Wednesday doesn't issue my refund right then, however, Xbox Customer Support and I are going to have a problem.

On a side note, I got a call while I was speaking with those fine gentlemen from a blocked number. It went to voice mail, and the fucking morons decided to leave a barely intelligible, utterly retarded message. I don't know if it was a prank call, or just a wrong number dialed by idiots who couldn't understand from my outbound message they got the wrong number, but either way, it's kind of a shame. Don't punk-ass kids have anything better to do now? Go play on the highway, jackasses.

No comments: