Thursday, May 17, 2007

Double Sigh

What the hell is wrong with this world? I really want to know.

First, I got a call from Xbox Customer Support this morning. It was after I'd already started work, of course, but luckily, I wasn't on a call, so I just logged out and took it. I spoke with Wayne, and the first thing out of his mouth after his greeting was, "My team's been trying to get ahold of you for the past few days." No shit, Sherlock, it would help if you didn't keep calling me at work. I explained that fact to him (in kinder terms), and that I was, in fact, at work at the moment. He started to say we could do it another time, but I quashed that with, "Let's get this taken care of right now." He then proceeded to ask me what the problem with my refund was. "Uh, I don't have it." His response was, "You never got your refund?" Oh. My. God. Are you fucking kidding me? You mean I've been dealing with you assholes for almost a solid week now, and you still don't know that I didn't get my fucking refund? Seriously, are you fucking kidding me?

Frankly, I was too stunned to say anything like that, so I responded with, "No. No, I sent in my 360 last October, paid for the out of warranty repairs, and then was told in December I'd get a refund check since the warranty had been retroactively extended. I never got the check." To this, Wayne said, "Oh, ok. Well, I need to escalate this, then. What's a good time I can call you back?" At this point, we were queuing, and I didn't have the time or inclination to yell at him, so I said, "Anytime before 10:30." Wayne assured me I'd get a call around 9 am tomorrow. I bet I'll get a call around 11. Fucking idiots.

Second, Veronica Mars got canceled. For poor ratings. The best show on television for the past three years, and one of the best TV shows of all time (in fact, I'd say it's in my top 5, right behind Buffy, Angel, and Firefly), canceled by the dumb fucks at the CW. That's retarded.

What's more retarded is what's still on the network, and what new shows they're adding. Look at the shows they're bringing back.

  • Girlfriends and The Game. Racist comedies. Great.
  • Beauty and the Geek. Braindead reality TV. It doesn't get any lower than that.
  • America's Next Top Model. Completely vapid, dumbass anorexic bitches, all wrapped up in a reality TV bow. This piece of shit airs twice a week. For an hour. Jesus Christ.
  • Pussycat Dolls Present. Reality TV with skanky bitches who can't sing. No thanks.
  • Smallville. Why the hell is this show so popular? This is fucking Dawson's Creek with superpowers, for chrissakes.
  • One Tree Hill. Hey, it's Dawson's Creek. Fan-fucking-tastic.
  • Friday Night Smackdown. Come on. Pro Wrestling? Really.

And here's the new shows they're starting next season.

  • Aliens in America. Another racist comedy. Except, instead of making fun of black people, this one makes fun of brown people. Woohoo!
  • Gossip Girl. More Dawson's Creek. What the hell is it with this shit?
  • CW Now and Online Nation. The CW's version of Extra or Entertainment Tonight or all those other shitty celeb-worship info-tainment pieces of shit. I'll pass.
  • Life is Wild. I don't fucking care what this is, it's an hour of wasted time.
  • Crowned: The Mother of all Pageants. What?
  • Farmer Wants a Wife. You gotta be fucking kidding me.

The only thing worth watching on the CW now is Supernatural. And possibly Reaper, a new show about a young grim reaper. How I wish someone else would pick up Veronica Mars. Maybe a cable network. That would rock. Or maybe they'll make a movie. Hey, if the DVDs sell well enough...Excuse me, I've gotta go to Amazon.

No comments: