Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rock Band? More Like Crack Band

Question: Does the awesomeness of Rock Band ever stop?

Answer: Hell no!

The Official Xbox Magazine just leaked a "tentative" DLC release schedule for the month of March. Check this out.
3/04 Thrash Pack
Blinded By Fear by At the Gates
Thrasher by Evile
Shadow World by The Haunted
A more appropriate name is "Death Metal Pack," but I'm splitting hairs. Given the niche market of a pack like this, I'm guessing it's going to be on the order of $2.50 or 3 bucks, and since a few of the people I regularly play with are actually in a death metal band, they'll be all over these songs.
3/11
Shooting Star as made famous by Bad Company
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Message in a Bottle by The Police
Holy shit those are all made of win. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Bad Company or Skynyrd, and Message in a Bottle is one of the classic Police tracks.
3/18 Nine Inch Nails Pack
March of the Pigs
The Collector
The Perfect Drug
I've never been a huge NIN fan, but Perfect Drug is definitely getting bought, at the very least.
3/25 Metal Pack
Wrathchild as made famous by Iron Maiden
Supernaut as made famous by Black Sabbath
Fuel by Metallica
Holy shit those are all made of win. You can't go wrong with anything from Maiden, Sabbath, or Metallica.

No clue what's coming out in February yet (perhaps a little Who's Next or Nevermind), but if Harmonix keeps releasing great tracks like these, they're guaranteed to get 10-20 bucks of my money every month.

On a completely unrelated note, Lost comes back tonight. Woot!

2 comments:

Nikoda said...

We really need to get that. *laughs* I chose a trip to Florida to visit family over it at the moment, though. But when I get back, you better believe we're getting it...and a 360 so we can, you know, play it. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen Freezepop which is almost too bad. I could really turn on the creepy with that. *laughs*

Duke Norik said...

Freezepop in Rock Band.