Monday, March 05, 2007

More Weekend Movie Reviews

I'm back again with two new weekend movie reviews. I didn't torture myself nearly as much this time, but there was still some pain involved. Why? I guess I'm just masochistic like that.

Man of the Year, rated PG-13, starring Robin Williams, Christopher Walken, Lewis Black, and Jeff Goldblum. Oi, what a bad film. I tell you, I take Bromo and it still doesn't help. Obscure references aside, Man of the Year is certainly not the film of the year. It isn't really even a film, but more like a collection of scenes of Robin Williams doing stand-up, interspersed with a rather weak and somewhat predictable plotline. I will say one good thing about it, though: the trailer for it didn't spoil the film. So that's good, I guess. But the movie itself is bad, very bad. Two thumbs down.

The Prestige, rated PG-13, starring Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson, and David Bowie. Everything you've heard about this movie is probably true. I wish I had seen this in the theatre, because I bet it would have been an even better experience. I can't say much about the plot without spoiling it (and you know how I hate spoilers), so I'll refrain. There are plenty of theories out on the intarwebs, but I think the simplest explanation is best. Unless you don't really want to know the secret. Unless you want to be fooled. Two thumbs up.

1 comment:

Nikoda said...

Oooh, I so wanted to hear that the Prestige actually doesn't suck from someone who...well, doesn't suck. *laughs* Yay! Now to just get Shini to buy it...