Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sweet Video Games, How I've Missed You

For quite a while there (pretty much ever since I sold my 360), I was in a serious video gaming funk. I still rented games for my Xbox and DS, but I really couldn't get into any of them (mostly because they sucked).

However, for the past two weeks or so, I've really gotten back into gaming. Surprisingly, it was my DS that did it. I popped back in Phoenix Wright, after who knows how many months, and blew through the case I'd been stuck on. I'd forgotten how much fun the DS is. I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with just the Ace Attorney, so I went online and looked for some new games.

I'm now somewhat awash with DS and GBA games. I picked up Final Fantasy 4 Advance (aka FF2 on the old SNES) and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (unfortunately not the same game as on the old Playstation, but the same gameplay) for GBA, as well as Clubhouse Games (a fantastic party game with a shit-ton of card, board, and variety games) and Advance Wars Dual Strike (supposedly the best turn based stategy game on the DS) for DS.

Not to mention that I'd forgotten I had A Link to the Past for GBA, and I never finished Metroid Fusion.

Plus, my birthday's coming up soon, so that's the perfect excuse to treat myself to some other games I'm eyeing, like Final Fantasy 5 and 6 Advance (the latter aka FF3 on the old SNES), Metroid Zero Mission, Zelda: The Minish Cap, Metroid Prime Hunters, Phoenix Wright 2, and Hotel Dusk.

I think my DS is going to keep me busy for quite some time while I wait for the Wii to become available.

No comments: