Wednesday, March 21, 2007

An Open Letter to Veronica Mars Fans

Dear Veronica Mars fans,

Fuck you. Fuck you in your stupid asses.

Allow me to explain my vitriol towards you worthless bunch of degenerates. I, myself, am a Veronica Mars fan. While I didn't catch the first season while it was airing, I did check it out on DVD at the urging of a friend. I fell in love with the series, got caught up for the second season, and have been watching ever since. That was about a year and a half ago.

So when I found out that the show might be canceled, I was pissed. Shows I've liked have been canceled before, but never one of this magnitude while I was watching. Veronica Mars is one of the Top 5 best TV shows ever. That's a short fucking list, folks, and Veronica Mars is on it.

And what's more, is that I just knew something like this might happen. Good shows almost never get the support that they deserve until it's too late. Where should that support come from? From the fans, of course. Where are you? Some of you are ranting and raving about it on your cliquey little high school web-boards, but does that shit ever get out to the mainstream? Hell no, you're preaching to the choir, dipshits.

But it's the rest of you that deserve the full brunt of my wrath. The rest of you are bitching and whining about how the quality of the show has degraded. "It'll never be as good as the first season!" You have to find flaws with the show, even though they don't actually exist. You know what that's called? It's a defense mechanism, because you're so scared this day would come. You don't want to face the fact that a great show is getting the ax for no good reason, so you belittle it in order to lessen the blow.

Now there's word that it might not be canceled, but restructured in a new direction. You also deride this decision, preferring the show be canceled then turned into some sort of shell of its former self. I got news for you, assholes. Even a shell would be better than 95% of the rest of the shit on the airwaves.

So fuck you, Veronica Mars fans. If it's anyone's fault Veronica Mars goes away, it's yours. The responsibility was on your shoulders to ensure Veronica's success, and you failed. Miserably. Congratulations on killing a great series. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

No comments: