Monday, April 24, 2006

I love new stuff

Remember those speakers I posted about a while ago? And how I couldn't wait to hook up my 360 with them, and now that I have, I'm friggin' loving it? Well, I've been saving up to get a new PC at the end of the year/beginning of next year, and I was already half way there. I had been waffling on whether or not I should get a cinema display to go along with the new PC and of course, the 360 (since I hooked that up to my PC monitor, along with the speakers).

So I was perusing Newegg, just to see what was out there, and I saw this. The first thing I noticed is that it was a good 350 bucks cheaper than the 23" Apple cinema display, which is obviously top of the line and very stylish. But the 100% positive reviews for the HP model blew me away. I knew then I had to have one.

It should arrive on Friday. I'll be sure to let you know how awesome 360 games, PC games, and DVDs look on it. Shit, man, once I get my new PC with a TV tuner card, I'm not even gonna use my TV anymore.

Of course, this means I have to start saving for my new PC all over again, but no biggie. I'm got my Xbox to keep me company this winter.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I rented Fight Night. For all the problems, it's still a lot of fun. It looks great, too. Justin and I were trading off with our created boxers in career mode, until he got to an UnderArmor sponsored title fight that he claimed was fixed. I didn't really believe him until I tried that fight in my career, and I couldn't win either. Bullshit! Maybe the fight was fixed, maybe it's just that fight that the game decides to change the rules so we should have changed our strategies. I doesn't matter what the reason is, after I lost, I turned the Xbox off and said I was done with the game. I haven't picked it back up since, and I probably won't before it goes back to the video store. Bill Harris just wrote a post today about his lack of patience with bullshit like that, and I agree with him. Anytime I stop having fun with a game, I stop playing it. There are too damn many other choices out there to choose to wade through bullshit.

No comments: