Thursday, April 13, 2006

Various Things

It's been awhile since I've made a post, and a couple of things have happened worth blogging about.

First, you may notice I put up my Xbox Live Gamer Card over there. It's pretty self-explanatory, except for the game icons. The "pi" looking symbol there is for Oblivion, which I've already talked about. Not a bad RPG, and worth the money, I'd say.

The "PGR" is for Project Gotham Racing 3, which I didn't think about buying until I noticed it was on sale for 38 bucks. I enjoyed PGR 2, so I decided to pick it up. Not dissappointing. The single player tournaments are a blink and you'll miss them kind of deal, but I think the real draw of the game is the online racing. When you go online, you're given a "TrueSkill" rating that is based on how many races you've had, how many wins you have, and how those wins stack up against the TrueSkill of your opponents. Beat someone with a higher rating, your rating rises quickly. Beat someone of the same or lesser rating, your rating goes up just a little. So far, I've participated in about 10 online races, and have either 3 or 4 overall wins (first-place finishes). I'm number 7 hundred something in Rank 96, which means of all the PGR3 players online, I'm behind the 96,700th guy, but ahead of the 96,800th guy. So I've got some work to do.

The skull icon is for Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. Of all the games, I've logged the least time with this one, but man is it awesome. The single player campaign is virtually seamless. Even though there are specific missions, the game leads you through them one after the other, so unless something changes later on, the whole campaign takes place in one day. If I had no self control, I could have easily kept on playing from when I first booted it up until I finished it. I haven't checked it out online yet, but I bet that's sweet, too.

Oh, and if anyone reading this has a 360 and PGR3 or GRAW, hit me with a friend request, cause I don't have any yet. :sad panda:

It was my birthday last Wednesday, so that was cool, but I had to work, and I'm still recovering from the flu I caught last weekend, so that sucks ass.

I heard talk (and that's all it is for another three weeks, talk) today that the Raiders could end up in a position to take Vince Young with the number 7 pick, or they could move up to take him. If that happens, and I surely hope it does, the Raiders are going to be a serious contender next year.

Finished watching the first season of Justice League on DVD. What a great show. I can't wait for the second season set, which is coming out later this year, I think. There's also going to be Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, The Tick, and Darkwing Duck this year. Hot shit!

Finally, I spotted a link to this story on Bill's blog. Wow.

No comments: