Monday, February 06, 2006

Stuff

I picked the Super Bowl winner correctly, and that's something. I didn't even really watch it, just the second half. I think that's the first Super Bowl in a long time that I haven't watched. I mean, really watched, as a rabid fan. I just didn't care about the teams that were in it, positively or negatively. There's been a lot of talk about officiating, though. Alls I can say to that is: welcome to the club, Seattle.

The other reason I didn't catch the big game until the first half was over is because Civilization 4 had me held hostage. Damn, that's like the most addictive game ever. I didn't get into computing early enough to experience Civ 2 binges, but I hear that they were epic in scale. If you've got 40 bucks and a desire, nay, a need, to waste all your free time researching technology, settling new cities, and waging war, you should pick up Civ 4.

Finally, I just finished reading Fray, a damn fine graphic novel from the mind of Joss Whedon. Holy shit if it wasn't awesome. I want more, just like I want more Buffy, more Angel, more Firefly, and more everything Joss has ever done. Except for Alien 4. Did you know he also wrote the screenplay for Titan A.E.? I knew there was a reason that movie was more than just crappy, non-Disney animated shlock.

No comments: