Wednesday, February 08, 2006

More Stuff

If you haven't been reading the Virtual Firefly episodes over at StillFlying.net, you're missing out. They're up to episode 1x20, with two more to go to finish off the first season. They'll be back in early Spring with Season 2. I, personally, can't wait, cause this stuff isn't run-of-the-mill shitty fanfiction, it's pretty damn good.

I've also got an update on the 360 release calendar. Those games I'd never heard of (The Darkness, Demonik, Dead Rising) all slipped to who knows where. Saint's Row slipped, too, to 6/1, but I think it will slip again, since that's clearly a "we don't know when this game's coming out" date. Splinter Cell Double Agent also slipped to the middle of the year. I don't know when exactly it will come out, but 2nd or 3rd quarter sounds right.

Surprisingly, there are many games that haven't slipped. Full Auto is still slated for Valentine's Day, with Fight Night Round 3 the next week. Burnout Revenge the first week of March, Oblivion on 3/20, it's looking good (finally) for the X360. I've also noticed that consoles are becoming much more available online and in stores, but I'm still waiting for the day when I can walk into Best Buy and grab one off the shelf, because that's how I plan to buy mine.

And in football news, I read today that for Monday Night Football on ESPN next year, the broadcast team will consist of Joe Theismann, Tony Kornheiser, and Mike Tirico. I think it's safe to assume that Tirico will be handling the play by play, Theismann is the analyst, and Kornheiser will be color. Sounds like a great team to me, and I'm already looking forward to next season (psst, I think the Raiders will finish a bit better than 4-12, especially if they have The Whiz at the helm).

No comments: