Sunday, January 22, 2006

I hope the Super Bowl is actually a competition

Because the Conference Championship games were over in the 2nd quarter. I couldn't have picked the winners more wrongly (0 for 2), but I'm going to make my prediction for the Super Bowl right now, before I've heard anything from the analysts, or the coaches, or the players, or any armchair quarterbacks. The Steelers will lift the Lombardi Trophy for Super Bowl XL.

Here's why: The Steelers (who were the 6th seed) beat the #3 seed (the Bengals), the #1 seed (the Colts), and the #2 seed (the Broncos) to get to the Super Bowl. All they have to do now is beat the #1 seed in the NFC, the Seahawks. And the NFC teams just aren't the same caliber of the AFC teams.

I just checked the analysts on Yahoo Sports, and they're saying Pittsburgh is the favorite. Good to know I'm not totally off base with my reasoning.

No comments: