Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Refunds and Free Shit

I finally got my refund from Microsoft in the mail today. They should have added interest, they kept my money so long. Anyway, I got it, and it's getting cashed tomorrow. Jesus H. Christ that was a huge pain in the ass.

Speaking of Microsoft, they've got this casual gaming site where you can earn free shit. A lot of it's worthless crap (like tote bags, t-shirts, hats, mugs, ringtones, emoticons, and movie passes), but there's some good stuff. Most notably, copies of Vista Home Premium and Office 2007, a Zune, and a 360 Pro Bundle with 3 games and a year subscription to Live. The only downside is they all cost a shit-ton of points. It's much more cost effective to just pay cash for that stuff than while away hundreds of hours of your free time.

That is, unless you have a job like mine where there are hours of downtime every day, and management looks the other way on casual gaming. I can play the games during the downtime, and get paid while I earn a free 360. I said I'd never buy another Microsoft product ever again, I didn't say anything about taking one for nothing.

No comments: