Tuesday, August 21, 2007

BioShock Impressions

After 2 and a half hours of playtime, I smell PC Game of the Year. Granted, not much else of note has come out this year for the PC (excepting a couple of expansions, like the awesome Civ IV: BTS expansion and the likely to be awesome NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer expansion). BioShock is in a category all it's own, though.

Maybe I'm biased because I thought System Shock 2 was such an incredible, creepy, enthralling game. Maybe I'm biased because everything Irrational Games (now 2K Boston and 2K Austalia, and made up of folks from the former Looking Glass Studios) has developed has been pure gold. Maybe the hype got to me. Maybe I can't resist a shooter with a twist. Or maybe BioShock is just that good.

It looks amazing, runs silky smooth on my bad-ass rig, has excellent voice acting and sound, plays great, and makes me want to boot it right back up as soon as I shut it down. I can't ask for more than that in my games, especially when it only cost me 40 bucks at Circuit City.

BioShock: 2007 GotY.

No comments: