Saturday, June 23, 2007

Quick Game Note

I haven't blogged about games in...a long damn while. So here goes.

I picked up Resident Evil 4 for the Wii today. I've never been a tremendous fan of the RE games, but I decided to give this one a shot because it was only 30 bucks, and point and shoot zombie killing action sounded like fun. Which it is. I played for about an hour and a half, and while I think there's a fundamental flaw with the game (it plays less like a shooter and more like a clunky third person actioner. I mean, where the hell's the strafe button? I could just be spoiled on PC shooters, but I don't think you can call your game a shooter if you can't strafe), it's fun nonetheless.

Plus, it's the first game in quite some time (since Manhunt, I believe) that really shocked me. The first time a crazed Leatherface-style maniac wielding a chainsaw came running at me, I thought, "no big deal." When he didn't go down after a couple pistol shots to the face, I was still unfazed. When he swung his chainsaw like a baseball bat, and took my head off at the neck, I had to take notice. Stunned, I think, is the term. Good show, RE4, good show.

2 comments:

Nikoda said...

The offer for Kit Games is still open. ;o)

Also, I lol'd at the first and last panel of the latest comic. It's pretty funny. Thought you'd like to know. ;o)

Duke Norik said...

I appreciate that. I'll take you up on it, when I feel I've got some good stuff to contribute again.

It's always good to know people are enjoying the comic. On the board, it feels like I'm doing it in a vacuum, since no one ever comments. So if it makes the people who actually read it laugh, then I'm doing something right.