Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mish Mash

I finally decided to post an update, even though I've had news for like three days. One, I didn't feel like it, and two, Blogger was being a bitch when I did want to update. So, on with the news.

I managed to get ahold of someone at MS that was not only friendly and knowledgeable (like the others), but actually seemed concerned about my dead Xbox. He volunteered to contact a supervisor for me to check if I could get it repaired at warranty rate (i.e. free). Failing that, he processed the repair order at the 50% offer I'd been quoted previously. He also said a box would be on the way, contrary to what I'd been told before about having to pay for shipping. So it's a short few days wait to receive the box, I'll ship it back out, they'll ship me the replacement, I'll snap some fancy pics with my digital camera/cell phone, and put that shit on eBay. I'm hoping to get $700 for the full package (360 premium edition with HDD, wireless controller, and component video cables, extra wireless controller, play and charge kit, and 7 games: Oblivion Collector's Edition, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Project Gotham Racing 3, Prey, Kameo, Saint's Row, and Dead Rising), but I'd still be happy if I only got $600.

Because once I'm done with that shit, I'll have (almost) enough cash to buy a shiny new PC, capable of kicking ass and taking names. Glee!

I've got an in-house interview on Friday for a position in which I'll only have to speak with the public during rare circumstances. I'm so eager to get it I might wet myself.

Finally, something fun.

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
13
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

I'm a pretty unique son of a bitch. Only me and 12 other mushroom cloud layin' mother fuckers named Heath Wheeler in the US. Hot damn.

2 comments:

Bort said...

I got 129 for my name.

Considering there are (as reported on that site) 299 thousand people in the US, that's not a lot of people with my name.

Nikoda said...

Ha...

I put in my maiden name and got zero. Not surprising. Before I was married, I was 100% without a doubt the only one of me on the entire planet. It was kinda neat...

But after marriage...

Fifty people gots my name.

There's 3411 Shini's in the country... That's a scary ass thought.