Saturday, October 14, 2006

I Can't Even Work Up the Rage

Seriously, I'm feeling so fucking apathetic right now, I can't even get upset about this. I know I should be, but I'm just worn out.

My surgically repaired Xbox crapped out on me yesterday. It froze while I was playing the demo of Tiger Woods PGA 07 or whatever the hell it is. I thought nothing of it, and rebooted and continued playing without a problem. Then I rented NCAA 07, and was going to play that last night, but before I could even put the disc in, it froze again. I rebooted, and this time the Xbox logo froze right in the middle of it's silly animation.

So I called Xbox tech support. I explained the problem, and he said I'd need to send it in. Apparently, I'm out of warranty, because the guy said I'd have to pay $140 for the repair. I discussed that with him, because it was my understanding that I was still under warranty, but unfortunately didn't have my notes from the last time I called. So I was ready to go through with the repair charge, but the system went down just as it was about to go through.

As it turns out, that might be a very good thing. According to my notes from last time, the rep had told me the original warranty lasted until 10/19, which would be extended by 30 days after the repair. So I should be well under warranty. The guy told me to call back tomorrow to process the order, so when I do, I'm going to hit em with the notes. "According to so and so on such and such, my warranty should still be in effect." If they say I still have to pay, I'm going to say, "Well, I shouldn't have to pay as much because so and so told me I was under warranty, that's not right." I hope I don't have to pay anything. If I do, oh well. I should be extremely pissed about that, but I'm not.

I'm definitely opting for the extended warranty this time, though. I don't know how long it's going to take Microsoft to fix their hardware problems, but I'm through taking chances.

1 comment:

Nikoda said...

That really fucking sucks.