Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Something That I Don't Understand

There are a lot of things that I don't understand, but here's the latest one. Why is it that when people are talking about bad movies or movies they didn't like, they'll sometimes say that they "fell asleep"? Did they really fall asleep while watching the film? Was it past their bedtime or something? Maybe they're just not getting enough sleep at night. I can honestly say I've never fallen asleep while watching a movie.

Maybe it's a figure of speech, and what they really mean is that it was boring. If that's the case, then why not just say the movie was boring? Why invent a completely bullshit reason for not liking a movie? I don't think that's it, anyway.

I think there are really people out there who get so little sleep at night that they just fall asleep while watching movies. Let's hope they get someone to drive them home. Or professional help. Maybe both.

2 comments:

Nikoda said...

I've fallen asleep during plenty of movies. Never in the theater, mind, but on the couch sitting next to Shini during a movie that I "just have to see!". Half way in the movie is boring me to death and I can't get up and leave because I don't want to hear a chorus of "Why don't you like it?!" so my brain just shuts down and I doze off until the movie is over.

Duke Norik said...

Well, I suppose I can understand that. I'm talking about the people who actually fall asleep at the theatre, though. Those people have issues.