Monday, November 19, 2007

Rock Band Band Names

As we all know (or anyone who reads this blog does, anyway), Rock Band hits the streets tomorrow. I still haven't settled on a band name, but these are my top 5, in no particular order.

Defenestration Nation - Defenestration is, by far, my favorite word in the English language. It literally means to throw someone or something through a window.

Gaseous Assassination - Or, in more simple terms, an SBD.

The Freudian Slits - You see what this one does? That's why I like it.

Injured Reserve - A sports term, which I enjoy. This blog's called Unnecessary Roughness, after all.

Broken Lawn Chair - If you've seen Dr. Tran, you know where this one comes from. I thought about Hickory Smoked Horse Buttholes, but that's a bit too in-jokey.

I could always use one of the names from the GH games (Breaking the Girl and Abominable Mailman are definitely two very good names and I like them a lot), but I don't want to repeat myself if I can help it.

2 comments:

Nikoda said...

I like Defenestration Nation.

Duke Norik said...

So do I. I think (although I haven't confirmed, and given the situation with the second guitar, I'm not sure when I'll be able to, but) you can have more than one band, i.e. with different people in each one.

So technically, I could have one band that's just me and Justin on different instruments, whatever we feel like playing at the time (which would be Defenestration Nation), and another band made up of The Crew (which would most likely be Broken Lawn Chair). That would be sweet.