Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tim Hardaway is a Dick

In case you haven't heard, Tim Hardaway, some forgotten basketball player, decided to open his mouth yesterday and spew bullshit. Let's take a look at what he said.

"You know, I hate Latino people, so I let it be known. I don't like Latino people and I don't like to be around Latino people. I'm racist. I don't like them. They shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

But Tim, what if you had a Latino teammate?

"First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room."

Ok, you caught me, Tim wasn't talking about Latinos. He was talking about homosexuals. But I thought it would be fun to insert something else that people have no control over, like national origin, and see if Tim's opinion looks any less stupid. What a shock. It doesn't.

But what Tim said about his feelings on homosexuality might as well have been about ethnicity. Or gender. Or any other dumbass reason for prejudice. It's all the same bullshit, and as much as we'd like to think that in today's society, those sorts of attitudes no longer exist, they do. They're more widely held then most of us are comfortable with, but we look past it because we don't talk about it. If we don't talk about it, we don't have to acknowledge it. And if we don't acknowledge it, we can pretend it doesn't exist.

So Tim, you're a dick. But I'd also like to thank you. I'd like to thank you for showing us that dicks like you still exist, and you're still as stupid as ever.

3 comments:

Nikoda said...

What do you have against Latino's? There must be some reason you picked them instead of any others.

Duke Norik said...

I don't have anything against Latinos. They're probably the most persecuted folks on the planet behind those of African descent. And I didn't pick them because Tim is of African descent. Of course, he could be self-hating. Which might explain why he hates homosexuals so much.

Nikoda said...

We do loathe in others what we hate in ourselves.

I wonder how he feels about lesbians.