Saturday, January 27, 2007

Two Things

And they're both media reviews. What else would they be? I'm a media whore.

First, I rented Elite Beat Agents for the DS because people on the intarweb were raving about it, and I figured I liked Guitar Hero so much, I might like another rhythm game. Wrong. The covers aren't bad (although they could be better), but the story sequences suck ass (not sure why they even felt it necessary to have a story, but whatever), and even worse, the gameplay is fucking terrible. Yeah, let's tap the screen in time to a beat that doesn't follow the song very well while annoying firecracker noises go off, and follow beach balls as they slide across the screen at varying speeds. And then, just for the hell of it, we'll spin the stylus around in a circle as fast as we can for bonus points. You think I'm joking? I wish I was. Dear god, I wish I was. Stay away from Elite Beat Agents. Stay far, far away.

Second, I just finished the first season, or Day 1, of 24. Hot damn, that's an awesome show. I can't believe I didn't get into it earlier. I already watched the first hour of Day 2, too. I'm hoping to get caught up so I can start watching new episodes on TV this season. Only 4 more seasons to go. I think I can do it.

No comments: