Monday, January 15, 2007

RapidShare Sucks

Yes, RapidShare sucks fat cock. Let me back up a bit, so I can tell you how I reached this conclusion.

I've been meaning to get into 24 for some time now. You know, the TV show with Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer? So I added the first season to my Netflix queue last week. Of course, since the 6th season started yesterday, it seems everyone else decided to get into the show too, and the discs went to "short wait" status. I wanted to watch some 24 tonight, though, so I did what anyone else would do: I looked for a torrent, or some other free way to watch the first season on my computer.

After some quick Google-fu, I ran across a blog called "RapidShare Links Blog." They've got all kinds of shit over there. Including all 5 seasons (and the first 4 eps of the 6th) of 24. I hit the link and away we go. Episode 1 is broken into 4 pieces, but no matter. I get the first piece just fine, go for the second, and hit a brick wall.

"You have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?
Get your own Premium-account now! Instant download-access! (Or wait 59 minutes)"

What the fuck? I have to wait a whole hour before I can download the second quarter of a 44 minute show? Fuck that. I'll just whip up some more Google-fu and kick RapidShare square in its bulbous nutsack.

An hour later and I'm ready to smash something. There's a million and one "tricks" or "hacks" or "sploits" to get around RapidShare's dumb-ass time limit on downloads, but there's just one problem: none of them fucking work. That is, until I stumble upon a solution that should have been obvious, even though I clearly didn't think of it earlier. There are also a million and one sites that let you surf the web anonymously, meaning cookie checkers, and javascript, and all the other bullshit that RapidShare uses to make you pay for its service don't fucking work. Whoops, I just kicked you in the fucking nuts, RapidShare! Or should I say RapidSuck?

So if you feel like getting shit from RapidSuck without paying their ridiculous prices for a service that should be free anyway, just surf anonymously. It's win-win, except it's lose for them.

2 comments:

Nikoda said...

How do you surf anonymously?

Duke Norik said...

By browsing through a plugin, website, or standalone software. Here's a list of good examples of the website method: http://tinyurl.com/4gros

There's also a link on that page to a site that sells software. Pretty sure there's a Firefox plugin, too.