Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Year Blowout

The title of this post does not refer to a New Year's party, but rather a blowout of content, shit I've had stewing around since my last post. So let's get to it.

I sincerely hope the 3 people who read this blog had a great holiday season, filled with Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/Saturnalia goodness and presents and fun. I also hope you had an enjoyable New Year's Eve that was both entertaining and safe. It seemed that the Annual Highway Death Bowl wasn't a barn-burner this year, so that's good.

A full month has passed since I started my new job, and I've gotta say, it's great getting paid a shit-load of money to talk on the phone all day to people who aren't (for the most part) idiots and assholes.

Here's a home entertainment tip for you: if you see Click on the shelf at your local video store and say to yourself, "Hmm, that Adam Sandler is a funny fellow, I should check out his latest motion picture," slap yourself in the face as hard as you can. With that, you'll have experienced the same thing if you watched the movie, and you'll have saved 4 bucks and two hours of your time.

I don't know if I just haven't realized it before, or if the holiday break has just gotten longer, or what, but I'm getting extremely impatient about having my television shows back. Veronica Mars doesn't come back for two more weeks. Fuck.

The football season ended, and the post season has begun. Once again, not only did the Raiders not make the playoffs, but they own the worst record in the league. Of course, that entitles them to the #1 pick in the Draft. They've got two choices, as far as I'm concerned. Brady Quinn from Notre Dame or JaMarcus Russell from LSU. Russell is one big, powerful son of a bitch who can throw the ball 60 yards down the field accurately, and is a dangerous run threat. He also bested Quinn in the Sugar Bowl. However, Quinn already runs a pro-style offense at Notre Dame, and his head coach (who coached in the NFL) predicts he'll be the third best QB in the NFL in a few years, behind Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Either one would be a better choice than Brooks, Walter, or Tuiasosopo.

The Raiders also need to get rid of Jerry Porter and Randy Moss. Yeah, I know they're the star receivers, but they also contributed absolutely nothing to the team this season because they're star receivers. So fuck em, the Raiders have Alvis Whitted, Ronald Curry, Doug Gabriel, and Johnnie Morant, who are all more than capable, not to mention a promising rookie in Will Buchanon. By getting rid of Porter and Moss, not only can the Raiders free lots of cap room, but they might be able to get an offensive line out of the deal.

With the Raiders out of the running for the Super Bowl this year, that means I've hitched my wagon to the Colts. They put the smackdown on the Chiefs yesterday, with a spectacular defensive showing. I've got my fingers crossed for a Colts-Patriots AFC Championship showdown, because this time around, it'll be in Indy.

Finally, I've started jonesing for a Wii, but they're still out of stock everywhere. If I can hold out for about 4 more months, I'll probably be able to get one then, since that's when I was able to get my hands on a 360. Just 4 more months.

No comments: