Monday, September 11, 2006

We Remember

We remember.

Of course we remember, how can we not? You assholes sure as hell won't let us forget.

Seriously, is this really an anniversary we want to commemorate? I mean, I'm not really comfortable with the anniversary of D-Day. Why this one? People don't make a big deal of the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Don't even think I'm being insensitive to those who were lost. What I'm saying is if we're going to remember someone, we don't celebrate the day they died.

What about other anniversaries? Why don't we commemorate when we landed a craft on Mars, or when we walked on the moon, or when the Civil Rights act was passed, or when schools were desegregated, or when the Social Security Act was passed, or when the 19th Amendment was ratified? What about all that shit, huh? Isn't that some shit we should be reminded of on a yearly basis, instead of a fucking tragedy? What the fuck?

2 comments:

Jos said...

You have a valid point there man.

Nikoda said...

We remember so that we can see what we've made it through and lucky we should be...or some such crap...
My brother was working four blocks away when it happened. Four blocks closer and I sure as hell would not be happy on this day. If anything, I would be insulted. You're not honoring anyone by dredging up all the negative that went into their death.

Of course, this is also a country that celebrates the rising of Zombie Jesus...I mean...Easter...

All I know is, I want my fucking rabbit back. Oh, and my tree. Oh, and the little christ fish on your car? Yeah, it was a symbol of fertility to us first you thieving bastards....

*coughs*

Hi Heath!