Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pushing Daisies

Wednesdays, 8:00 pm, ABC - Pushing Daisies is good. It's damn good, actually. It's unlike just about anything else on television right now. Which I why I think its days are numbered. People don't watch what's new and different. They watch what's old and exactly the same. They watch shit that falls into easily definable categories. "Reality Competition." "Police Procedural Drama." "Forensics Drama." "Medical Drama." Pushing Daisies doesn't fit any of those categories, or any category. It's a show about a guy who can bring dead things back to life with one touch, and kill them with another. If he brings them back for more than a minute, someone else dies instead. It's brightly colored, darkly comedic, and has an English narrator. I really like it, but I don't think it's going to last the season. I can only hope I'm wrong.

3 comments:

Nikoda said...

We thought it felt a lot like Lemony Snicket. Hopefully it will do well. It's definitely a good show.

Duke Norik said...

I have no idea what Lemony Snicket is, so I'll just nod and smile politely.

Nikoda said...

It was a best selling series of books and then a movie with Jim Carrey. It's about three orphans that have a lot of bad shit happen to them but it's whimsical bad shit so people don't quite notice just how bad it is. *laughs*