Sunday, December 17, 2006

Weekend Movie Reviews

I had some more free time this weekend and watched some DVDs. My pain is your gain. Or something like that.

Brother Bear, rated G, featuring the voices of Joaquin Phoenix, Rick Moranis, and Dave Thomas. Wow. What a pile of shit. As animated films go, it looked pretty, but the plot was a load of garbage. Ok, I get it, quite a few Disney movies are supposed tear-jerkers where a main character learns a moral lesson. But this movie was just bad. Filled with spiritual bullshit, some guy turning into a bear, and a hackneyed ending that I saw coming 20 minutes into the film, I really don't know why Disney bothers anymore. There's a sequel, too. Guess what I'm not renting?

UHF, rated PG-13, starring Weird Al Yankovic and Michael Richards. It's been a while since I saw this film, so it was almost like I was watching it again for the first time. Hilarious, albeit kind of disturbing in some spots. Plus, Michael Richards doesn't call anyone a nigger!

Done the Impossible, not rated, featuring Adam Baldwin, Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Jewel Staite, Ron Glass, Joss Whedon, and a bunch of other Browncoats. An entirely fan-made documentary about Firefly and Serenity, with interviews by many of the actors and creators of the show and film. I picked this up along with a re-purchase of the Firefly set (since my other set is somewhere where I don't know where it is now), and I was not disappointed. For 20 bucks, you can't go wrong.

No comments: