Thursday, December 14, 2006

I Am Jack's Blog Post

I feel like commenting on some stuff that's happening with The Heath.

First, more on the promotion, since it's now finally official. I don't really talk about work (except when I do), for a number of different reasons. But promotions are generally considered to be good things, and I certainly feel that way about this one. I'm a supervisor, which, more than just being a title, brings a certain amount of responsibility and prestige along with it. My resume will of course look better, and I get paid even more (and I thought they were paying me too much before). Also on the plus side is the fact that I don't have to interact with the general public nearly as much as I used to. On the negative side? Nothing of consequence, really. I still enjoy what I do and the people I work with, and I get more monetary compensation for doing it. What's not to like?

Second, I built a new computer for myself. I won't bore you with all the geeky technical specs (especially since they're pretty much meaningless to me, even), but I will say that it kicks ass. The main reason I upgraded my computer now instead of later is because I sold my 360, which leads me to...

Third, I sold my 360. I was so glad to get rid of that steaming pile of shit, I didn't even care that I only netted $550 for the whole damn bundle. It's someone else's problem now. Fuck Microsoft.

Finally, I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping. I've been almost finished for about 3 weeks, the problem is that my sister still hasn't told me what she wants. Looks like she'll be getting a gift card.

No comments: