Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Haul 2010

Merry Christmas, bitches! It's that time again, and like last year, in addition to listing the awesome loot I've received, I'm also going to list the totally bad-ass gifts I've given to others. Again, not to show how generous I may or may not be, but because I like giving gifts as much as, if not more than, I do receiving them. Here are the gifts I've given this year, in no particular order:

Lots and lots of Glee: The Music (Volume 3, Journey, and the Rocky Horror Glee show). Seriously, lots of Glee. Several copies of each.

Glee: Season 1 (DVD). Glee, yo. It's awesome.

Family Game Night 3 (Xbox 360). Classic Hasbro board games, now in convenient electronic form!

Rock Band 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii). Yo, Guitar Hero, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Rock Band 3 is the best band game in the world. IN THE WORLD! That meme's still fresh, right?

iPhone App Magnets. They're magnets for your fridge that look like the iPhone App icons. Geeky and practical!

COPIC Pens and Markers. The Cadillac of art supplies.

Casio WK-210 Keyboard. A joint gift, but a gift nonetheless. Child-like glee, right here.

RobotMan and Stellar plush figures. From the 80's. Go here if you don't remember them.

Laser-etched crystal "Wolf Howling at the Moon" carving and lighted display base. Ooooh, pretty.

First edition hardcover copy of "Through the Ice" signed and personalized by the author, Piers Anthony. Fuck yeah. This is definitely the most epic gift I have ever had the pleasure of giving.

MySims Sky Heroes (Wii). The kids love this crap.

Chemistry Set. For my niece, a geek girl gamer in training. She is going to make some young geek out there very happy one day.

Origami book and paper. If I weren't such a spaz with creative arts, I would totally do origami. It looks like a shit-ton of fun.

San Francisco Giants 2010 World Series Championship Hat. Yay Giants! I may not be a fan of baseball anymore, but their playoff run and eventual championship was extremely compelling.

Amazon Kindle e-book reader. I have seriously contemplated one of these for myself.

Garmin GPS with friction-based dashboard mount. Never be lost again!

Assorted makeup from Sephora. The ladies love makeup from Sephora.

And now, here's what I received, again in no particular order:

"Obsessed with Star Wars" Quiz book. 2500 questions about all 6 Star Wars films. So geeky, and so awesome.

"Last Words," by George Carlin. Carlin was the man.

"The Areas of My Expertise," by John Hodgman. Funny shit right here.

$25 gift card to Best Buy. From the dipshit coworker who was surprisingly upset about my leaving. I kinda feel bad now. Wait, no, no I don't.

$25 gift card to Target. This place and Best Buy are the only two brick and mortar stores I shop at. Fuck yeah.

Lego Star Destroyer. Shit yeah! This baby kicks some serious ass.

Evil League of Evil t-shirt. "Seriously not good guys." LOL

Tusken Raiders logo t-shirt. Combining two of my favorite things: Star Wars and the Oakland Raiders. OMG so much win.

Jayne's leather bracelet from Firefly/Serenity. Two words: Bad. Ass.

Glee CD Board game. lololol.

"Gonzo Gizmos" project book. Make a gauss rifle out of stuff found around the house? Yes.

Reese's Peanut Butter Trees. OMG OMG OMG, I love these. If this was all I received this Christmas, I would be happy. No, seriously. They're THAT good.

Forza 2 (Xbox 360). Yay, racing! Forza is way better than Gran Turismo.

My Name is Earl, Season 3 and Season 4 (DVD). Jason Lee! As Kevin Smith is my favorite director, Jason Lee is my favorite actor.

The Tick vs Season 2 (DVD). Evil doers, you face The Tick! I'm so disappointed there haven't been more DVD releases for this awesome show.

Toy Story 3 (Blu Ray). And the trilogy is complete! I haven't seen this yet because I missed it in theatres. But I heard it is fucking awesome, and Pixar doesn't disappoint...ever.

Batman: Under the Red Hood (Blu Ray). NPH! John DiMaggio! Jensen Ackles! Good stuff.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu Ray). One of the few Tim Burton flicks I actually like.

Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu Ray). 1.21 Jigawatts! Great Scott! Love these movies. Plus, it comes with a voucher for the first episode of the new game for FREE.

"Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction" project book. Build a BB gun out of a mechanical pencil, or a siege catapult out of clothespins? Fuck yes.

Glee: The Music Volume 4. Yay, Glee!

"Changes" by Jim Butcher. Book 12 in the Dresden Files series. Harry Dresden kicks serious ass.

That's it. A ton of cool stuff, both given and received. I wish everyone a safe and sane holiday season. Peace, bitches!

2 comments:

Nikoda said...

I loves my Robotman plushies! And my crystal wolf and that book is definitely one of the greatest things you could have gotten for me. You. Da. Man. Though I probably shouldn't encourage you to keep buying me things or we'll be broke on our ass. lol

But I'm glad you liked your Jayne wrist cuff thing. Now if only you'd actually start wearing it regularly. ;o)

Nikoda said...

Could you imagine if you updated this thing now?

Imagine...all the people...

Going...what the fuck? lol