Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wow

I don't know if it's just because I haven't kept on top of the latest PC tech or what, but this is fucking amazing to me. That is a sexy beast, right there.

Now, I've always built my own computers (except for one very early, very bad decision on a Compaq that I still regret), but this is damn tempting. Core 2 Duo E4600 processor, 2GB of DDR2-667 memory, 320GB SATA hard drive, dual layer DVDRW optical drive with Lightscribe, and an NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS video card, all in a 22" flat panel monitor for 1200 bucks. And a wireless mouse and keyboard are included. Jesus, that's everything you need. It's even got wireless LAN. When the guy in the video (which autoplays, btw, that's kind of annoying) says you take it out of the box and plug in one cable, he ain't kidding, and that is all sorts of cool.

I'll say it again: that is a sexy beast, and it is very, very tempting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eh. Same concept as an iMac, really. Your existing comp would smoke this thing's performance 6 ways from Sunday, and $1,200 seems pretty steep for such budget components. I could probably duplicate it for less than half on Newegg. The integrated idea is interesting, I'll grant, but I don't see it being good for compuphiles.

Duke Norik said...

Oh, totally, I wouldn't buy anything without first consulting you, anyway. You're the goddamn PC guru, as far as I'm concerned. It's the integration that's intriguing, and while it's definitely the iMac concept, I'd never seen it before with a PC.

So I guess the bottom line is that it certainly wouldn't replace a gaming desktop rig, but it would be perfect for a no-nonsense everyday PC.

Unknown said...

True. It would be especially nice for someone's elderly parents or grandparents, who might not have a proper computer desk for the spaghetti factory of a case and wires.