Saturday, May 31, 2008

GTA IV Postmortem (PS3)

Wow, that only took a month. After about 53 hours of play and 83% completion, I've finished the storyline of GTA IV.

Bottom line: if you have an Xbox 360 or a PS3, you need to own this game. Hell, it might be worth purchasing one of the systems just for this game (and Rock Band).

Easily the best GTA game, and probably the best game I've played this year. Great story, great voice acting, looks great, plays great, ton of stuff to do, just fantastic all around. And the endings, holy shit, the endings. Neither is what you'd call "good" and I can't really decide which one I like better. If any other game had only two endings, one would be "good" and the other would be "bad." In GTA IV, no matter how it ends, things get fucked up and Niko will never be the same. Again, fantastic is the word that comes to mind.

Next up: Metal Gear Solid 4. Rumors of 90 minute cutscenes have me wary, however.

No comments: